VILLAGE HALL HISTORY
The village institute as it was the called was opened in 1921. It was a former army barracks bought by public subscription.
Over the years it was added on to, but as it was getting into disrepair it was pulled down and a new village hall was erected on the same site and opened in May 1976.
At the moment major refurbishment is taking place.
The main hall has had new double glazed windows put in and the interior has been decorated and new curtains have been put up.
All will be finished for Christmas events.